When you’re driven by your company’s mission, when you like the people you work with, when you don’t think about work as work – that’s when you know you’ve found something special. And that’s the high bar we set here at Terminal, working everyday to create fun, connection and opportunity among our remote teams spread out across three countries and countless cities.
That’s why we’re so proud to share that Terminal was named one of Inc’s Best Workplaces 2020. Based solely on feedback from our team, this honor goes to only a few hundred companies each year – highlighting those that go above and beyond for their employees.
Of course, now more than ever, there’s a need for companies to support employees, both in creating a healthy workspace at home and navigating the mental health challenges that isolation brings. Bottom line: Terminal can’t be a leader in the remote work movement if we’re not constantly creating better remote work experiences right here at home, with our employees and members.
Here are just a few of things we’re doing to help our employees navigate this stressful time:
- Launching a COVID-19 Relief Program for our members and employees, with educational programs you can join remotely and stipends to put toward building out a home office
- Supporting mental health with premium access to the Headspace Meditation app
- Providing frequent education on how to work from home most effectively
- Providing ongoing learning & development, with credits to ensure employees can take online classes or attend virtual conferences from home
- Supporting parents struggling with new childcare and homeschooling responsibilities with ideas and programs to school and entertain their children
- Leveraging technology, like Slack, Notion and Zoom, to make workflows easier and take the pain out of remote communication
- Creating togetherness and community with weekly happy hours and lunches
That’s just the beginning. We eat, sleep and breathe remote work – and are constantly thinking about ways to improve as the world moves into this new era for distributed teams.
More than anything, I want to say thanks. Thanks to the incredible employees who make Terminal a great place to work – your hard work, passion and commitment truly power the engine at our core. In 2020, we’ll continue to live into this Best Workplaces honor, taking inspiration from our employees to be even better. Everyday.