Effective Date: May 10, 2021
Last Updated: May 10, 2021
Thank you for your interest in joining Terminal, Inc. (“Terminal,” “we,” “our,” or “us”). Protecting your privacy is important to us. This Job Applicant Privacy Notice (“Notice”) explains how we collect, use, and share personal information when you apply for a job with Terminal.
When you submit a job application to Terminal, you will be asked to click a checkbox to acknowledge that you have read this Notice and to consent to the Terminal’s processing your information for the purposes described in this Notice.
II. Scope and Applicability
This Notice describes Terminal’s privacy practices when you apply for the following:
- Terminal corporate job opportunities.
- Engineering and other positions we recruit for on behalf of our customers.
This Notice does not cover the following:
- Terminal products and services for our customers – For more information about our products and services for our customers, please see our website Privacy Notice.
- Employees – This Notice only applies to job applicants. If you are an employee at Terminal, please contact email@example.com to learn more about our privacy practices regarding personal information of employees.
Terminal does not recruit or hire the following:
- European Union (“EU”) citizens or residents – We do not market to and will not process or retain job applications from individuals based in the EU.
- Children under 18 – We will not process or retain job applications from children under 18, nor do we direct information toward audiences under 18.
III. Information We Collect
Terminal collects personal information about you during the recruitment process. To learn about your information collection choices, see the “Your Choices” section below.
A. Information You Provide to Us
As part of the application and interviewing process, Terminal collects the following information you directly provide to us:
- Contact information – We collect your contact information, such as name, address, email address, phone number, and country.
- Academic and professional background – We collect information about your academic and professional background, such as employment history, level of education, skills, certifications, professional affiliations, and other relevant career information you choose to provide.
- Work eligibility – We may collect information about your eligibility to work in the country where you applied for a job and your start date.
Terminal may also receive the information listed above from information you provide on social media, like LinkedIn or Eventbrite.
B. Information from Third Parties
Terminal receives information about you from third parties like referrals from current and former employees or contractors. Information shared about you may include your contact information or academic and professional background.
C. Information We Collect Automatically
Information about you may be collected automatically in the following ways:
- For analytics – Terminal uses Google Analytics to collect information about your web browser, network, and device, as well as web pages you visited before coming to this website, and your IP address. This information may also include details about your use of this website, including clicks, internal links, pages visited, scrolling, searches, and timestamps.
IV. How We Use Information
We use your personal information when we consider you for job opportunities with Terminal. For example, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To communicate with you through the course of the recruitment process.
- To evaluate your application for employment.
- To contact you during the screening and interviewing.
- To verify that the information you and others provide is true and accurate, such as for reference checks.
- For legitimate business purposes, such as internally evaluating the recruitment process, submitting reports as required by law, and resolving legal disputes.
- To comply with legal obligations, such as work eligibility in the country of employment.
- For any specific purpose not listed above with your consent.
V. How We Share Information
Terminal shares your personal information with third parties as required by law and as part of our business practices. Terminal does not sell your personal information to advertisers or other third parties.
A. Terminal Affiliates and Our Customers
We share your information with Terminal affiliates and our customers during the recruitment process. If your personal information is transferred to a party unaffiliated with Terminal as part of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, we will provide you with notice before transferring your personal information to the new entity. Notice will be provided through our website.
B. Service Providers
Terminal works with service providers such as skills evaluation providers and consultants to help us with our recruitment and hiring process. Under contract with Terminal, these third parties are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services or perform them on our behalf.
C. Public Authorities
Terminal discloses your personal information when disclosure is: (1) reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, legal process, or enforceable governmental request; (2) necessary to enforce this Notice; (3) required to enforce our contractual obligations, including investigation of potential violations; or (4) necessary to protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of Terminal, you, or the public as required or permitted by law.
VI. International Transfers
If you choose to provide us with your personal information, Terminal may transfer the personal information we obtain about you to other countries, which may have different data protection laws than the country in which you initially provided the information. If you do not want your personal information transferred to other countries, please do not submit any information to us.
To the extent required by law, Terminal will take measures to protect the cross-border transfer of your information.
VII. How We Store and Protect Information
Terminal retains your personal information for as long as is necessary for us to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce rights, or as is reasonably necessary for business.
We use reasonable and appropriate physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect your information from unauthorized use, access, loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. We also require that third-party service providers acting on our behalf or with whom we share your information also provide such security measures under industry standards.
Although we have security safeguards in place, we cannot guarantee absolute security in all situations. If you have questions about our security practices, please contact us using the email address in the “Contact Us” section below.
VIII. Your Choices
Where appropriate or legally required, Terminal will describe how we use the personal information collected, so you can make choices about how your data is used.
A. Your Rights
Based on your jurisdiction, you may have the following rights:
- Right to Access – You have the right to request access and receive certain information about how we use personal information about you and whom we share it with. This includes the right to request proof of Terminal’s authorization to process personal information by law or by consent.
- Right to Rectification – You have the right to request correction of personal information we hold about you where it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to Deletion – You have the right to request that we delete any personal information we have collected about you.
- Right to Withdraw Consent – Where you have provided your consent for us to process your personal information, you may withdraw your consent.
- Right to Opt-out of the Sale of Information – Terminal does not sell personal information to third parties.
- Right to Non-Discrimination – You have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment for exercising any of your rights. Terminal will not treat you differently for exercising the rights described above.
- Right to Data Portability – You have the right to request a copy of data we hold about you in a structured, machine readable format, and to ask us to share this information with another entity.
You can exercise the rights listed above by contacting us using the email address in the “Contact Us” section below. Deleting your information or withdrawing consent will remove you from consideration for employment with Terminal. You may also request we withdraw your application for a specific position without deleting your information.
To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we take steps to verify your identity before responding to requests. To verify your identity to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you, we may ask for information that appeared on your job applicant such as name and submission record.
We will respond to requests within a reasonable amount of time, depending on your jurisdiction. Your request and choices may be limited in certain cases, for example, if fulfilling your request is not permitted by law or if we have compelling legitimate interests to keep your information. Some jurisdictions may place additional restrictions on how Terminal process your personal information and our practices in those jurisdictions may be more restrictive than those described in this Notice.
Depending on the jurisdiction in which you reside, you may have an authorized agent submit an access request on your behalf. If you wish to use an authorized agent, you must provide the party with written permission signed by you. We may deny a request from an authorized agent if the agent cannot provide to Terminal your signed permission demonstrating that they have been authorized to act on your behalf.
B. Opt-Out of Communication
You can opt-out of recruiting and event communications by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails.
To the extent that the above rights apply to you, Terminal encourages you to contact us with any complaints and issues at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your complaints or issues remain unresolved, you may also address any grievance directly with your jurisdiction’s relevant supervisory authority.
IX. Contact Us
If you have any questions regarding this Notice, you may contact us at email@example.com.