Effective Date: May 10, 2021
Last Updated: May 10, 2021
Terminal, Inc. (“Terminal,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) understands and respects your privacy. Terminal’s customers are fast-growing companies that use our products and services to recruit and hire remote teams for their businesses. This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) describes how we collect, use, and share personal information from customers and individuals who use our website, products, and services (collectively, “Services”).
This Notice applies to personal information we collect when businesses use our Services and when individuals visit the Terminal website (“https://terminal.io/” or “Site”). We encourage you to read this Notice in full to understand our privacy practices before using our Services.
You can contact us with questions about our privacy practices at the following email: email@example.com.
II. Scope and Applicability
This Notice broadly describes Terminal’s privacy practices. Terminal is subject to multijurisdictional-specific data protection laws, including the following:
- United States (California) – the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”);
- Canada – the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”);
- Mexico – Mexico’s Federal Data Protection Law;
- Colombia – Law 1581m, the Colombia Data Protection Law; and
- Chile – Law No. 19.628, the Chilean Personal Data Protection Law.
Some jurisdictions listed above may place additional restrictions on how we process personal information about you. Our practices in those jurisdictions may be more restrictive than those described in this Notice.
If you are in California, United States, please refer to your California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) rights in Appendix A.
This Privacy Notice describes the following:
- Scope and Applicability
- Information We Collect
- How We Use Information
- How We Share Information
- International Transfers
- How We Store and Protect Information
- Your Choices
- The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”)
- Changes to this Privacy Notice
- Contact Us
- Appendix A – California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) Rights
- Cookie Notice
This Privacy Notice does not cover the following:
- Third-party products, services, or businesses –
- This Notice does not apply to any third-party applications or software that integrate with Terminal Services or through third-party products, services, or businesses. Your interaction with any third-party applications or software are subject to that third party’s own rules and policies. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy notices of all websites you visit and interact with.
- This Notice also does not apply to third-party services, websites, or applications you use, or navigate to and from our Services. These third-parties services, websites, or applications may have separate user terms and privacy policies that are independent of this Notice. This includes, for example, websites owned and operated by our customers or partners. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these third-party services or applications. We recommend carefully reviewing the user terms and privacy policies of each third-party service, website, and/or application before use.
- Customer Data – We collect information on behalf of our Customers, under the direction of our Customers (“Customers Data”). This includes information requested by the Customer to assist them in hiring employees such as information from a job application or compensation expectations. Personal information may be stored with our clients and are subject to our Customers’ privacy practices. This Notice does not apply Customer Data.
- Recruiting and employment – This Notice does not apply to personal information you provide for recruiting or employment purposes. If you are applying to Terminal for a job, please visit our Job Applicant Privacy Notice to learn more about our privacy practices related to personal information you provide to us for recruiting purposes. If you are an employee at Terminal, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our privacy practices regarding personal information of employees.
- Other privacy notices: This Notice does not apply when another privacy notice is displayed and governs personal information.
III. Information We Collect
We collect the following information through your use of our Services, and otherwise, with your consent. To learn about your information collection choices, see the “Your Choices” section below.
A. Information You Provide to Us
You provide information directly to Terminal through the following collection methods, for example:
- Our Site – When you visit our Site to use our Services or contact us with a question or request, if you fill in the forms we provide, we collect your contact information, such as name, email address, phone number, job title, and company name.
- Terminal-hosted events and webinars – When you attend Terminal-hosted events or webinars, and you fill in the forms we provide, we collect your personal information during the registration process, such as name, email address, job title, company name, and interest in working at Terminal.
- Surveys – When you complete Terminal surveys, we collect your name, email address, job title, company name, and your responses to our survey questions.
- Online Resources and Documents – To download our online resources, such as documents and manuals, we collect your name and email address.
- Terminal Community – To join the Terminal online community, we collect your email.
- Chatbot – When you engage with the chatbot on our Site, we collect your name, email address, job title, company name, and any other information or files you choose to include in your message to us.
- Job Openings – We collect personal information on our Site when you apply for an open position with one of our customers. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for more information.
Terminal also receives the information listed above from information you provide on social media, such as LinkedIn, or online event registration applications, such as Eventbrite.
B. Information from Third Parties
Terminal receives information about you from third parties and public sources to help us find potential customers. Information shared about you may include, for example, first and last name, email address, job title, and company name.
C. Information We Collect Automatically
Information about you may be collected automatically in the following ways, for example:
- For analytics – Terminal uses analytic tools, such as Google Analytics, to collect information about your web browser, network, and device, as well as web pages you visited before coming to this website, and your IP address. This information may also include details about your use of this website, including clicks, internal links, pages visited, scrolling, searches, and timestamps.
IV. How We Use Information
Terminal uses collected information in the following ways, for example:
- Communicate with you – We may contact you to respond to your inquiries, requests, and/or send important notices via email. This includes, for example, sending event information when you have registered for an event, providing access to download documents, providing you with customer support, or sending updates about new features. Please see the “Your Choices” section below to learn how to manage your communication preferences.
- Provide and improve our Services – We use your information to provide and analyze how you use our Services, develop new Services, and improve functionality, quality, and user experience. For more information, see the “Information We Collect” section above.
- Market our Services – Terminal uses your information to market our Services. We also combine personal information collected on our website with other information we collect online or offline about users to better tailor marketing or website content, including to measure the effectiveness of our advertising, or for other purposes, such as internal research. To learn more about how we track and use your information, see our Cookie Notice. To learn more about how we market to job applicants, please see our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Some of the collected information is necessary for us to deliver our Services to you. If you do not provide this information, we cannot deliver our Services to you.
V. How We Share Information
Terminal shares your personal information with third parties as required by law and as part of our business practices. Terminal does not sell your personal information to advertisers or other third parties.
Terminal does not currently share your information with third parties for marketing, but if that changes, we will obtain your consent first.
B. Terminal Affiliates and Our Customers
We share your information with Terminal affiliates and our customers as part of our Services. If your personal information is transferred to a party unaffiliated with Terminal as part of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, we will provide you with notice before transferring your personal information to the new entity. Notice will be provided through our website.
C. Service Providers
Terminal works with service providers to help us with our business activities and Services, such as technology services providers, business partners, and consultants. Under contract with Terminal, these third parties are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services or perform them on our behalf.
D. Public Authorities
Terminal discloses your personal information if and when disclosure is: (1) reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, legal process, or enforceable governmental request; (2) necessary to enforce this Notice; (3) required to enforce our contractual obligations, including investigation of potential violations; or (4) necessary to protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of Terminal, you, or the public as required or permitted by law.
VI. International Transfers
If you choose to provide us with your personal information, Terminal may transfer the personal information we obtain about you to other countries, which may have different data protection laws than the country in which you initially provided the information. If you do not want your personal information transferred to other countries, please do not submit any information to us.
To the extent required by law, Terminal will take measures to protect the cross-border transfer of your information.
VII. How We Store and Protect Information
Terminal retains your personal information for as long as is necessary for us to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce rights, or as is reasonably necessary for business.
We use reasonable and appropriate physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect your information from unauthorized use, access, loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. We also require that third-party service providers acting on our behalf or with whom we share your information also provide such security measures under industry standards.
Although we have security safeguards in place, we cannot guarantee absolute security in all situations. If you have questions about our security practices, please contact us using the email address in the “Contact Us” section below.
VIII. Your Choices
Where appropriate or legally required, we will describe how we use personal information collected, so you can make choices about how your data is used.
If you are in California, United States, please refer to your California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) rights in Appendix A.
A. Your Rights
Based on your jurisdiction, you may have the following rights:
- Right to Access – You have the right to request access and receive certain information about how we use personal information about you and whom we share it with. This includes the right to request proof of Terminal’s authorization to process personal information by law or by consent.
- Right to Rectification – You have the right to request correction of personal information we hold about you where it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to Deletion – You have the right to request that we delete any personal information we have collected about you.
- Right to Withdraw Consent – Where you have provided your consent for us to process your personal information, you may withdraw your consent.
- Right to Opt-out of the Sale of Information – Terminal does not sell your personal information to advertisers or other third parties.
- Right to Non-Discrimination – You have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment for exercising any of your rights. Terminal will not treat you differently for exercising the rights described above.
- Right to Data Portability – You have the right to request a copy of data we hold about you in a structured, machine readable format, and to ask us to share this information with another entity.
You can exercise the rights listed above by contacting us using the email address in the “Contact Us” section below. In some circumstances you can withdraw consent you previously provided to us or object to the processing of your personal information, and we will apply your preferences moving forward.
To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we take steps to verify your identity before responding to requests. To verify your identity to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you, we may ask that you submit your request by logging into your Terminal account to confirm your identity.
We will respond to requests within a reasonable amount of time, depending on your jurisdiction. Your request and choices may be limited in certain cases, for example, if fulfilling your request is not permitted by law or if we have compelling legitimate interests to keep your information. Some jurisdictions may place additional restrictions on how Terminal process your personal information and our practices in those jurisdictions may be more restrictive than those described in this Notice.
B. Opt-Out of Communication
You can opt-out of marketing communications by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these marketing emails. If you are a Customer and you opt-out of receiving marketing communications, you will continue to receive transactional communications from us regarding our Services such as emails regarding billing and technical support.
C. “Do-Not-Track” Signals
We do not currently respond to web browser “Do-Not-Track” signals. You can use the range of other tools we provide above to control data collection and use.
To the extent that the above rights apply to you, Terminal encourages you to contact us with any complaints and issues at the email email@example.com. If your complaints or issues remain unresolved, depending on your jurisdiction, you may also address any grievance directly with your jurisdiction’s relevant supervisory authority.
IX. The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”)
Our Services are not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13.
X. Changes to This Privacy Notice
We periodically update this Notice to describe new features, products, or Services, and how those changes affect our use of your information. If we make material changes to this Notice, we will provide notification through our Services and/or notify you directly. We encourage you to review this Notice for updates each time you use our Services.
XI. Contact Us
If you have questions about this Notice or our information handling practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.